Preparing for a Rewarding Career
A good attorney plans every move several steps ahead. And your career is no exception.
Dickinson Law’s Career Services Office makes getting to know you a priority so that we can offer a personalized approach to legal career advising. We work with you to help you determine your interests and achieve your professional goals.
Throughout your time at Dickinson Law, we’ll help connect you with prospective employers in your desired practice area and geographic location. To help you navigate today’s job market, we offer a number of resources that go above and beyond traditional career services, including but not limited to:
- Individual meetings during your first semester of law school to begin to map out a plan for your time here and beyond
- A professional development series, including workshops on resume writing, cover letters, networking, and job search resources, such as social media
- Personalized review of your job application materials
- Interview preparation, including mock interviews with practicing attorneys
- Assistance in securing school-year and summer internship placements
- Small group events with individuals using their law degrees in many different ways
As a member of our Law School community, you will have access to Dickinson Law’s network of nearly 9,000 alums around the country. You’ll also gain the benefits of Penn State’s alumni network: with nearly 700,000 members, it’s among the largest and most active in the world. Our intentionally small class size, accessibility to professors who are experts in their fields, and a Career Services Office staffed exclusively with lawyers ensures that you’ll have the necessary resources to assist you on whichever career path you choose.