Earn your LL.M. at Dickinson Law
At Dickinson Law, the oldest Law School in Pennsylvania and one of the oldest in the nation, you will receive a solid legal foundation and have the opportunity to experience multiple aspects of American culture while living in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA. The LL.M. Program gives students and lawyers trained outside of the U.S. a high-level understanding of the American legal system. The program’s foundational courses introduce you to our unique analytic methodologies. Students then may choose courses from our “Lawyer As …” curriculum divided by specialized fields of study, and create personalized tracks based on areas of interest.
Our LL.M. cohort is kept intentionally small to foster greater interaction with J.D. students and law school faculty, as well as judges and lawyers in the Harrisburg and Washington, D.C. areas. The LL.M. program is a 24-credit, one academic year course of study. Students must enroll in at least 12 credits per semester and may enroll in no more than 17 credits per semester.
- Carlisle continuously ranks as one of the country's most livable small towns due in part to the diversity of the people and institutions, amenities, and array of things happening here.
- The cost of living consistently rates below the U.S. average, making it an affordable, cost-efficient option for attending law school.
- Everything you need is within easy walking or biking distance. In fact, most students find reasonably priced housing close to the Law School for just that reason.
- As a springboard to nearby major legal markets and networking opportunities on the East Coast, you'll find that you're close to policy makers and professionals who will be ready collaborators.
- Beyond our campus sits a region of unparalleled beauty and culture. Known for its historic charm, Carlisle features our valued neighbors, Dickinson College and the U.S. Army War College; a variety of restaurants, shops, and galleries; an independent movie theatre; a downtown farmers market; and much more.
- If you need a big city fix, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and New York City are all easily accessible by car or train.
To learn more about our LL.M. Program, please contact:
Emily Michiko Morris
Director of Non-J.D. Programs and Visiting Associate Professor