Your Law Career Starts Here
Dickinson Law has it all: decades of leading legal education as one of the oldest law schools in the country; supportive and intentionally small classes with individualized attention from professors who love practicing the law and shaping its future; and all the amazing resources and networks that come with Penn State but in an intimate community perfect for focusing on your growth as a lawyer.
Building your legal legacy.
When you choose Dickinson Law, you’re becoming part of history. We’re one of Penn State’s two separately accredited law schools and the oldest in Pennsylvania. Despite our age, we’re constantly looking for new ways to evolve with modern law: our faculty stay engaged nationally and globally through pro bono litigation, scholarship, and practice so that you and your peers can receive the preparation every 21st-century lawyer deserves.
You’ll do more than learn to practice law. You’ll learn to ensure the voice of progress is heard. Whether it’s in health law or at the International Criminal Court, you’ll play a critical role on the world stage and in the lives of those you serve. Dickinson Law students and their experiences are distinguished by many benefits, including:
- Individualized attention and hands-on training as part of an intentionally small first-year class of no more than 100 students
- Career-building opportunities in nearby major legal markets, including Harrisburg, Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
- An unprecedented amount of scholarship funds, including our $60K Commonwealth Scholars Grant, and significant merit awards
- The largest dues-paying alumni network of its kind in the world
- A unique, intensive initiative that partners faculty with students in their career planning and job searches