Before You Arrive


You may purchase or rent textbooks from a vendor of your choice (e.g., the University Bookstore, Amazon,, eBay, etc.) or acquire them from a current student. We will provide you with the list of required textbooks in July so that you can plan ahead, shop around, and find the option that works best for your budget and learning style. If you plan to charge your books to your bursar's account, you must purchase your textbooks from the University Bookstore. You may, however, find less expensive retail options elsewhere. Instructions on ordering books from the University Bookstore are available here.

Disability Services

Students who are seeking services at Dickinson Law must self-disclose the need for academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services to the Office of Student Services at 717-240-5104. Please begin this process as soon as possible. You will find a description of the procedures for submitting documentation and determining eligibility for academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services at Penn State online.

Final Transcript

Please ensure that an official copy of your final, undergraduate transcript is on file with LSAC by August 1. If you applied to law school prior to completing your undergraduate degree (i.e., during your senior year), you must submit an updated copy of your final transcript to LSAC.

Health Insurance

Each year, Penn State selects a student health insurance plan and makes it available to undergraduate and graduate students. Additional information is available online.


A wide range of housing options are available in Carlisle. For detailed information, please refer to our online housing information below. You may also want to join the Facebook group for incoming students (Dickinson Law Class of 2023) for notices of available space.

Immunization Certification

Dickinson Law students are exempt from the Penn State immunization requirement.