Travel Stipend Policy for Open House Attendees
Because we know you’ll appreciate the Dickinson Law community when you arrive on campus, we are happy to offer some financial assistance to help defray the cost of your in-person visit. Please review the following policies regarding travel reimbursement and hotel reservations for admitted student open houses.
- All admitted students who visit Dickinson Law are eligible for reimbursement of up to $300 in travel costs (e.g., airfare, tolls, mileage, etc.) plus one night’s stay at the Comfort Suites in Downtown Carlisle.
- For open house visits, admitted students must call the Comfort Suites to reserve a room within Dickinson Law’s room block. When calling to make your reservation, be sure to mention Dickinson Law in order for the Law School to pay for your room. You will be required to provide a credit card to hold your room; however, your card will not be charged unless you fail to honor your reservation and do not cancel your room in advance in accordance with the hotel's cancellation policy. Please call 717-960-1000 to make your reservation.
- Be advised that only the room charge, taxes, and fees will be covered; guests are responsible for Internet access, phone calls, and meals, as well as any other expenses billed to the room.
- Admitted students who attend an open house are entitled to reimbursement. We take great care in planning our open houses and hope that our guests enjoy all scheduled activities. If you need to leave an open house prior to the conclusion of the event, kindly notify a member of the admissions staff. Reimbursements for guests who depart early will be considered on a case by case basis.
- The Non-Employee Travel Reimbursement Form and the Non-Employee Information Form must be submitted to the attention of Admissions Office along with any accompanying receipts within 30 days from the date of the open house. Students should expect to receive their reimbursement via check within 6 to 8 weeks after submitting their reimbursement forms.
- Only admitted students are eligible for travel reimbursement. Although guests are welcome to attend our open house events and to accompany admitted students on scheduled visits at the Law School, Dickinson Law is unable to reimburse anyone other than the admitted student for travel costs.
- Only one travel reimbursement request is permitted per admitted student.
- Students who plan to combine their visit to Dickinson Law with visits to other nearby law schools must provide us with the names of those schools and the dates of those visits.
- Meals are not reimbursable expenses.
- Additional funding may be available for individuals with demonstrated financial hardship. Please email Bekah Saidman-Krauss, Assistant Dean for Admissions & Financial Aid, with such requests.