Forums to focus on lawyers as innovation partners in healthcare at Dickinson Law
Learn about the broad entrepreneurial ecosystem and how law and healthcare are closely intertwined within the commercialization of new technologies during the next Innovation Forum and Café on Tuesday, April 17, from 2:00 to 7:30 p.m. at Penn State’s Dickinson Law, Lewis Katz Hall, Carlisle.
In conjunction with the Center for Medical Innovation at Penn State College of Medicine, Dickinson Law will host a series of three one-hour forums featuring regional entrepreneurs, lawyers and physicians as panelists. Forum topics and panelists include:
2:00 to 3:00 p.m. — Lawyer Entrepreneurs: law professionals who have started their own business
- Robert Grossberg, Co-founder and CEO, TreSensa
- Mark Landgren '92, CEO, The Nexxus Group
- Greg Sutliff '59, Chairman, Sutliff Chevrolet
- Paige Wingert '92, Co-founder, President and CEO, Legacy Athletic
3:15 to 4:15 p.m. — Institutions Promoting Innovation: state, regional, or educational institutions and companies working to foster and promote innovation
- Solange Israel-Mintz, Langan LaunchBox, Penn State Berks
- Christopher Saridakas, Founding Partner, Great Barn Ventures; Senior Advisor, TreSensa
- Diane Sterthous, Venture Capital Advisor, Pennsylvania State Department of Community and Economic Development
4:30 to 5:30 p.m. — Lawyers as Partners in Healthcare Innovation: how health professionals partner with lawyers to advance medical innovations
- Ilona Cohen, Chief Legal Officer, Aledade; Former General Counsel, White House Office of Management & Budget
- Jim Gould '86, Counsel, RatnerPrestia; Former Legal Director, Merck & Co.
- Randy Haluck, M.D., Professor of Surgery, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center; Vice Chair for Innovation and Technology, Penn State College of Medicine
An open networking session will follow the forums from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Ridge Commons. Attendees will have an opportunity to meet and engage with the panelists, along with faculty, staff and students who are committed to expanding the entrepreneurial ecosystem in central Pennsylvania.
This event is free to attend. Online registration is required. While attendees are encouraged to attend all forums, attendance is not required to attend the networking session.
Complimentary round-trip bus transportation is available from Penn State College of Medicine and Penn State Harrisburg campuses. Please select your preference when registering.