Disability Services

Any student seeking accommodations due to a disability must follow procedures set forth by Penn State, even if you received accommodations from your previous educational institution(s).

The fact that you received an accommodation in the past is not a guarantee that you will receive a similar accommodation in law school. Students who are seeking services at Penn State's Dickinson Law must self-disclose the need for academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services to the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, as a first step in the accommodation request process.

Student Disability Resources (SDR)
The Pennsylvania State University
116 Boucke Building
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: 814-863-1807 [V/TTY]
Fax: 814-863-3217

Students must schedule an appointment to meet with the Assistant Dean for Student Services, who will submit the documentation you provide to SDR for evaluation.

Documentation must meet Penn State's guidelines. SDR will review documentation and recommend accommodations, if any, to the Dickinson Law. The determination of reasonable academic adjustments, auxiliary aids, and/or services is determined on a case by case and a course by course basis. You are required to demonstrate through documentation that your disorder/impairment meets the definition of a disability under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.

Since it may take several weeks to obtain all required documentation, you should begin this process as soon as possible.

If you have additional questions please contact:

Yolanda Ingram
Assistant Dean for Student Services
131E Lewis Katz Hall, Carlisle
Phone: 717-240-5247